GGASHI feels lucky in being able to supply novice (and not-so-novice) home buyers with the “DO’s and DONT’s” of home buying, as well as a checklist.
- DON’T forget to consider the finances involved with the purchase; DO have your own financial (and other relevant) documents ready
- DON’T necessarily hire the first realtor, home inspector, or lender; DO find a team that “fit” your needs
- DON’T buy before you are ready;
DO use our Checklist to help with that determination:
- Assemble a team
- Gather important documents – key in competitive markets.
- Make and use a budget
- Review the mortgage options
- Start looking for the home you want
- Submit an offer and wait for it to be reviewed
- If accepted, prepare for the closing
You can find the most experienced home inspection professionals who serve the greater San Francisco Bay Area in the Golden Gate Chapter of the American Society of Home Inspectors.